Terms and Conditions
Thinking to success aims to provide a safe and secure experience for all of our users. The information we gather about you will always be used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Personal information provided to Thinking to Success via this website, emails and telephone calls will only be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection in accordance with the preferences you express.
Personal data collected and processed by Thinking to Success will never be passed on or sold to any other companies or third parties without your permission.
This privacy statement covers the Thinking to Success website at www.portalpd.com – it does not cover and we will not be held responsible for other websites to which links are provided from this website.
Accuracy of User Information
While we endeavour to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, we assume that in the absence of evidence to the contrary, that the information you provide us with is accurate. If there is any reasonable doubt as to its accuracy, we shall contact you to confirm the information. Should there be any inaccuracies in the information of which you inform us, or of which we become aware, it shall be promptly rectified by us. We do not retain any information about you which is out-of-date or which is no longer required.
Access to your personal information
Along with all other rights granted to you under the Data Protection Act 1998 which we shall respect and observe, you may at any time in writing or by email, request to be informed of the personal information which we hold about you, either as a whole or limited to certain of a particular nature. We shall comply with this request but, in the interests of your privacy, only after we are supplied with such information by you as would reasonably be required to satisfy ourselves as to your identity. In the interests of the privacy of others, we would not be able to comply with such a request if it involved disclosing information about another person unless they consented to the disclosure or it was reasonable in all the circumstances to comply with the request without consent. We may charge a small fee for providing this information but it shall not exceed £10 and the information will be provided no later than 40 days from when we receive your request.
Thinking to Success Ltd Moodle / Mahara Users Agreement
Thinking to Success Ltd holds certain data in connection with the operation of the Moodle and Mahara online learning environments (‘Moodle’ ‘Mahara’). This relates to course-specific tracking information in the form of Moodle and Mahara logs which contain detailed information about user activity within each course, including;
- the date and time of when course-specific information was viewed and/or updated
- the details of those updates
- the user’s name, location and email address
- information about contributions to courses
- contributions to chat rooms and discussion forums
- evidence of participation in other Moodle/Mahara-based activities.
This information is used by Thinking to Success Ltd to help support users, for system administration and bug tracking, and for producing usage statistics for management and planning purposes. Access to this information is restricted to designated course managers, IT support and other authorised personnel within Thinking to Success Ltd.
The information recorded through Moodle and Mahara may be used to create summary statistics which may be made publicly available.
Thinking to Success Ltd may share summary statistics directly with organisations and other relevant stakeholders.
Thinking to Success Ltd may share a user’s name and evidence of such user’s use of and/or participation in the Moodle/Mahara with that users relevant institution.
- By using this website, you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of this website; if you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms, please do not access, use and/or contribute to www.portalpd.com
- We may change these terms from time to time, it is the responsibility of the user to check these terms regularly. Your continued use of this website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on this website (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
Forums, blogs,, webinars, videos and wikis
Discussion forums, blogs, webinars, videos and wikis may feature in various sections of the Portal website.
Any message or information you contribute to the above become the sole property of Thinking to Success Ltd. These may or may not be displayed, at our discretion. The posting or copyrighted or illegal material is strictly prohibited – you must comply with applicable local and national laws, including the terms and conditions of the server provider and Thinking to Success Ltd. You may not post information invasive of another’s personal privacy rights, anything that may constitute harassment or libel, or information of a confidential or copyrighted nature.
Any forums, blogs, webinars, videos and wikis managed by Thinking to Success Ltd are provided as a public service and your usage of these services may be terminated at any time by Thinking to Success Ltd without prior notice. Information submitted to the system should not be considered confidential or private and may be revealed as part of normal systems operations. No warranty of service is implied.
The material contained within the Poratl website is copyright © Thinking to Success 2014 unless attributed to a third party.
In accessing the Portal’s webpages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own personal non-commercial use.
You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these Portal webpages for any other purpose whatsoever without the written prior permission of Thinking to Success Ltd.
Where we have identified any third party information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned. Any infringement of the above will bbe subject to United Kingdom Copyright Law.
Any enquiries should be sent to us at email@example.com
Thinking to Success Ltd Accessibility Statement
We are committed to producing a website and web resources that can be accessed by all users.
Accessible Features on the Portal Website
- Standard layout and navigation structure across the Portal website.
- Alternative textual descriptions for images.
- Capacity for users to skip directly to the content area of the page.
- Headings and paragraphs on pages which aid navigation with alternative browsers.
- Site maps that provide an overview of the website structure and organisation.
- Cascading style sheets (CSS) are used for visual layout and presentation.
- Relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified 'text size' option in visual browsers.
- Content that can be still be read even if your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all.
The Portal webpages are built to these industry standards:
- Pages are Bobby AA approved, complying with all Priority 1 and 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Pages validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional
- Stylesheets on this site validate CSS
We strive to ensure this website is as accessible as possible. If you do find any accessibility problems that affect or prevent your use of the website, please contact us and we will endeavour ro address the problem as soon as possible.
Thinking to Success Ltd seeks to ensure that the information published on its website is up-to-date and accurate. However, the information on the website does not constitute legal or professional advice and Thinking to Success Ltd cannot accept any liability for actions or consequences arising from its use.
Thinking to Success Ltd cannot be held responsible for the contents of any other website accessed through a link on our site. We provide these links, in good faith, as a convenience and inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement by Thinking to Success Ltd of an external site.
For further information on The Portal and the Group Package for your school / college, school cluster or local authority please contact us at:
or call us at Thinking to Success / Thornton and Lowe on
01334 208312 / 01334 806505.
The General Teaching Council for Scotland award of Professional Recognition for Supporting Pupil Learning has been awarded to Shona Cochrane, Director of Thinking to Success
Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org